Hey, guys! I’ve published quite a few posts recently that tackled serious issues and emotions. So, I thought that it might be nice this week to have a short, light-hearted post answering some of the awards that I’ve been nominated for so you guys can get to know me a little better 😊 I’m going to answer two awards which are both five questions each. To everyone else who has nominated me for a blogger award, I promise to get to them eventually!
I would like to thank Nabeeha Jameel for nominating me for the BrainStorms Award. I had a lot of fun answering these questions! You can visit Nabeeha’s blog here: https://brainsstorms.wordpress.com/
BrainStorms Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog
- Tag your post with #BrainStormsAward and follow BrainStorms if you are willing!
- List the rules and display the BrainStorms Award logo
- Talk a bit about your blog, why you started it, what you write about, and your goal for your blog
- Answer the five questions you have been asked
- Nominate five other amazing bloggers
- Ask them five new questions
Nabeeha Jameel’s Questions
1. What is your favourite hobby?
This is hard because I have so many! It sounds weird, but right now I think that my favourite hobby is learning languages. I have five that I’m currently working on. One of my favourite parts of my day is reading a short story in Spanish, watching a Dutch show, speaking conversations in German, or practising my French. It’s still fun to practise the ones that I’m already fluent in because it helps me to remember them.
2. If you could change one thing about WordPress, what would it be?
I wish I could receive notifications when someone replies to my comment on another person’s post. If a blog owner is not the kind of person who likes a comment after reading it and replying, I have to store the post in a waiting folder and keep checking it every few days until the reply arrives. And signing up to receive a notification for every comment means that my inbox gets spammed with comments. I don’t understand why we get email notifications for likes on comments and not replies.
3. Describe yourself in three words.
Creative, hard-working, and easily-excitable (I know. The last two are kind of cheating).
4. Despite all the positive and negative this year, what has been the most memorable moment for you?
The most memorable moment for me was probably feeding alpacas at an alpaca rescue farm for my birthday. I never knew they could be such beautiful and kind creatures. It was horrible hearing about how their previous owners had mistreated them. I also didn’t know alpacas were such a common pet in the Netherlands.
5. If you could learn something new, what would it be?
Sign language. Unfortunately, I’ll never be able to. You can sign one-handed but you at least need some functioning fingers to do so which I don’t have.
If I nominated you but you feel too busy to accept the nomination or just don’t want to – no pressure! Only do it if you feel like it 😊
- Zainab of Zainab Chats
- Vaniheart of Storytime with Shivani
- Bloggerbarnes of My New Wheelchair Life & Other Things
- Laura of LC’s Cottage
- Laura Bruno Lilly
- Who is the first person that you turn to for comfort and advice?
- What is a film that you saw recently that you were disappointed by?
- What is your favourite weekend treat (it can be a food or activity)?
- Do you have a good memory or a bad one?
- Name one way blogging has made you a better person.
I would like to thank Hamish of Hard Lines, Heavy Times, and Handblocks for nominating me for the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award. You can visit Hamish’s blog here: https://hardlinesheavytimes.wordpress.com/
Rules for the Award
- Thank the person who has nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- Answer their questions.
- Nominate up to 9 other bloggers and ask them 5 new questions.
- Notify the nominees through their blog by visiting and commenting on their blog.
- List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award” logo.
1. What is the best thing you like about blogging?
Being able to reach more and more people with my message of equality. It feels like I’m making a difference despite being in lockdown and spending pretty much all day in my superhero poster-covered room. I also adore every kind soul that comments and I feel as if I have met some truly incredible people and close friends through my blog who I now can’t imagine letting go.
2. If there was a film about your life, what would its title be?
Wheelchairs and glitter ✨😊✨
3. How do you decide what to blog about?
I have a blog workbook that I work from. I usually like to do a loop through my seven categories by organising my next seven posts ahead of time to each come from a different category. I also try to keep a balance between positive and negative posts as well as educational and personal posts. Wheelchair Blues and Getting Turned Away was a post that mostly inspired anger in its reader’s minds and the next post I posted, I Used to be Ashamed of my Disability. Not Anymore. was much more positive and inspired encouragement. My last post was educational so this one is more personal since I’m answering questions about myself.
4. Who or what are some of your sources of inspiration?
Books, films, TV-shows, and my family. My family is full of strong, black women who shine so brightly in this world and have shown me that I truly can be anything if I put my mind to it. If you think I’m strong, you should meet my mother and sisters!
5. What is one aspiration you hope to achieve by the end of 2021?
To find a way to turn my passion for raising awareness about disabilities into a career.
- What type of music do you like?
- What would you like to see happen to your blog in the next year?
- What are your favourite and least favourite aspects of social media?
- Which film/book/TV-show has impacted your life the most and how?
- Superheroes? Yes or no?
This one is an open nomination. If any of you want to participate then feel free to follow this award’s rules and answer my questions! See you next week!